Wednesday, December 08, 2010

Creating shares

I already had several shares created for me by Nexenta GUI when I played with it. I had them imported automatically to Solaris machine with their disk pool 'tank' using command

#zpool import -f tank

Now I'm creating an additional file system named 'work' on pool 'tank' manually.

# zfs create -o casesensitivity=mixed -o nbmand=on tank/work

Check if it worked:
#df
...
tank/work 4332676508 44 4332676465 1% /volumes/tank/work

Share it to the Windows clients
# zfs set sharesmb=on tank/work

I could see share 'tank_work' from my Windows machine. But I liked name 'Work' better.
# zfs set sharesmb=name=Work tank/work

Now, it would be nice to write something to this share. One way to grant myself all rights is the old chown command:

# chown sergey /volumes/tank/work/

At this point I could see share Work on my Solaris NAS server and I could create files and folders under it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home